Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Respect

Hey, so yesterday I wrote a blog on teaching respect. Then today in class, everyone was completely disregarding what everyone else had to say. It was a very disrespectful environment, and I was kind of uncomfortable after a while.

I think my main "on the fence" opinion with unions is that people need to wait until they get into their school systems, then decide. Traverse City has a really weak union, so if I were to move there I would want to strengthen it to provide more protection for the teachers. I'm not familiar with other school systems, but the cases at many others are different. I'll just have to see when I get wherever I am going.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! The classroom discussion got heated. I think some forgot about the LARA method...

    ReplyDelete