Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nothing to do with teaching.

This is the best ad I've ever seen. It came from my SKI magazine, and it's from Vail, Colorado:

The rarest and most precious luxury in the world today is...

a blank canvas.

The pure, undiluted moment.

No LCDs, no FYIs, no PTAs.
No deadlines or treadmills
or laugh tracks.

One beating heart
and five hungry senses,
a child before the world.

Isn't that the feeling we long for?
Work so hard for?
Travel so far for?

To see,
to touch,
to taste,
to breathe,
to hear
yourself be.

A mountain wall 7 miles long
Behind it, 7 china white bowls, famous from here to Timbuktu.
More groomed snow than anywhere on this planet.
An average of 30 feet of virgin powder each year.
And 300 days of blue, blue sky.

VAIL. Like nthing on earth.

....

Ya, that was sweet. I freakin' love powder skiing.

2 comments:

  1. I second your love for powder!!! two Christmases ago I was able to ski the German Alps, BEST SKIING OF MY LIFE!!! Soon I want to go out west, you will have to tell me your favorite spots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I would LOVE to go to the Alps! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete