Thursday, July 16, 2009

One more clarification

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great feedback on my last post. I wanted to address something that Caitlin said, because what she brought up is really important. I'm having trouble putting the clarification into words though, so bear with me!

I do want my students to feel free to voice their opinions in my classroom. Definitely! I guess I am trying to avoid students just giving an opinion rather randomly, and that detracts from the issue at hand. There is a time and a place for discussion, and opinions should be voiced then, but not during a lecture or something as a way to get focus on that person. I think that the Discipline presentation said it really well--it is a disruption when a student is continually trying to bring attention back to him or herself. I know that's still really not clear, and I want to stick to not naming names, so I can't really lead it back to the point in class that prompted me to write that. So I hope that helps!

-Crash

No comments:

Post a Comment