Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Heart Warmers

I'm writing to brag about my second hour class. They are seriously some of the nicest kids I have ever met. I thought last week that I really loved the kids who sit near my desk and the rest who sit in the front, but then, looking around, I realized that I'd love to have any of these kids up front! They're all so bright and engaged in the content. Not everyone is a participant in discussions, but they're all listening intently and engaged in the conversation in some way.

One pair just said that they needed the reading for the day, but there weren't enough copies, so another pair offered to share their reading right away. Most of them get along really well, and there are groups, but not cliques, and most students are welcoming to new friends in the class.

I do worry about one student, who always sits alone. He doesn't make eye contact with anyone else in the class, and I worry that he may be lonely or feel like an outsider. Does he do this on purpose? Or do the other kids do this to him? :-/

That's not as heart warming, but the rest of it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment